FUNDED POSTDOCTORAL CANDIDATE POSITION– Signal Processing in Neuroimaging group at the BCBL- Basque Center on Cognition Brain and Language (San Sebastián, Basque Country, Spain) www.bcbl.eu
- INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION
- Position: Postdoctoral
- Researcher Profile: R2, Recognised Researcher (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent) / R3, Established Researcher(Researchers who have developed a level of independence)
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Project: Open
- Location: Spain > Donostia-San Sebastian
- Research Field: Cognitive Neuroscience
- Job Status: Full-time
- Hours per week: 35
- Starting date: As soon as possible in 2023
- Ending date: 31 December 2025
Information about the position: The Signal Processing in Neuroimaging group at the Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language - BCBL (San Sebastian, Spain) offers a postdoctoral position to investigate and develop novel methods for the acquisition and analysis of neuroimaging and biomedical data. The position is funded for 2 years, plus 1 year based on the starting date and performance. The position is not linked to a specific project, and the candidate could work within any of the current research lines of the group, including:
- Developing advanced signal processing algorithms for the preprocessing, denoising, and analysis of functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) with BOLD or ASL, as well as functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS).
- Advancing multi-echo fMRI techniques and their application.
- Developing translatable imaging techniques for measuring brain physiology and metabolism (e.g., cerebrovascular reactivity, neurovascular coupling, perfusion, calibrated fMRI) in both healthy subjects and clinical populations (e.g., brain tumors).
- Precision functional mapping (“Dense mapping”) to investigate cognition and brain plasticity in individual subjects.
We also welcome other research proposals that can complement these topics.
Full-time (24/7) access to state-of-the-art neuroimaging facilities and equipment is readily available, including a 3T MRI Siemens Prisma scanner, MR-compatible EEG and eye-tracking Eyelink equipment, NIRx NIRScout fNIRS system.
Job description: The successful candidate will work with the PI and other members of the Signal Processing in Neuroimaging group and the BCBL. The successful candidate will be expected to develop an independent research program that complements the group’s focus. Depending on the candidate’s experience, s/he will also be involved in the supervision of undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students working in the group.
- CANDIDATES’ PROFILE AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- PhD in physics, computer science, biomedical or telecommunications engineering, signal processing, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, or related areas.
- Experience in the acquisition and analysis of neuroimaging and/or biomedical data, preferably functional MRI, ASL, or fNIRS.
- Solid programming skills (Python, Matlab, R, Shell scripting).
- Good knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Salary: Gross salary € 28.000 - € 30.000
Entitlements and other benefits: https://www.bcbl.eu/en/join-us/what-is-like-to-work-bcbl
Training opportunities and Career development plan:
Researchers at any stage of their career, regardless of their contractual situation, are given an opportunity for professional development and for improving their employability through access to a Personal Career Development Plan which includes
(1) Training through individually personalized research projects under senior supervision
(2) Exchanging knowledge with the scientific community and the general public
(3) Network-wide training in theory and methods
(4) Complementary training courses
(5) Involvement in proposal writing, task coordination
(6) Development of skills for the organization of training and scientific events
- OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- The corporative language at the Center is English.
- The center provides initial-level Spanish and Basque lessons to all international staff members.
- The interview will be conducted entirely in English.
- APPLICATION PROCESS:
Submission of the application and documentation:
To submit your application, please follow this link: applying for “Postdoc_2023_SPINGroup” and attach the following documentation:
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement outlining research interests and motivation to apply for the position
- Two letters of recommendation
Application process timetable:
- Deadline for application: November 30
- Evaluation by committee: December 1 – December 5
- Interviews: December 12 – December 22
- Final decision: December 28
- Feedback to all applicants: December 28
- Work contract start date: As soon as possible in 2023
Contact details for enquiries: email@example.com
Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships
The BCBL – Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language is a "Severo Ochoa" Centre and a Host Institution in the INPhINIT Programme offering 10 different PhD Thesis projects (https://finder-fellowships.lacaixafoundation.org/finder)
The call for Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships is now open: sign up
"la Caixa" Foundation has opened its latest call for Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships to support talented researchers of the future.
Thanks to this programme, you can carry out your doctorate at the best universities and research centres in Spain and Portugal.
There are two types of INPhINIT fellowship:
• Incoming: fellowships for researchers abroad to carry out a STEM discipline PhD in Spain or Portugal.
• Retaining: fellowships for researchers to remain in Spain or Portugal to carry out a PhD in any discipline.
Submit your application by 25 January 2023 for Incoming and by 16 February 2023 for Retaining.
For more information and to apply for your fellowship: https://fundacionlacaixa.org/en/inphinit-doctoral-fellowships-call
Post a Comment