We are seeking a full-time or part time research assistant to support and manage research
projects at the Department of Neurology. We study how the brain works and how it recovers
from damage. Clinical and neuropsychological behavioural tests (eg: language, spatial
processing, praxis, spatial perception, memory) are correlated with brain anatomy and
function (eg: fMRI, rsfMRI, DTI, sMRT, PET, TMS) in group studies of patients (mainly
stroke, Parkinson’s disease and migraine). In a large scale project carefully selected stroke
patients (first ever stroke, single ischemic lesion) are prospectively tested during acute stage
and follow-up (currently > 800 enrolled). The group is part of Freiburg Brain Imaging (FBI),
an interfaculty assembly of departments interested in scientific brain imaging, strong links
exist with the Bernstein Centre of computational neuroscience, the Herman Paul Centre of
linguistics and the faculties of biology, psychology, sport and sport sciences and informatics.
Within our large scale project: screening, recruitment and caring for study
patients during the visit; conducting and evaluating language tests/or general behavioural
tests; maintenance and further development of databases, static analysis, co-supervision of
doctoral students, research assistants and interns; support in managing the project.
Contributions to the experimental design of new studies and opportunity to work on your own
scientific projects if you are qualified to do so
- BA or Master in Psychology, Biology, Linguistics, cognitive Science, Neuroscience, or
speech therapist with adequate abilities
- Experience or interest in the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic neurological
- Knowledge of imaging and neuroanatomy
- Excellent computer and statistical skills (e.g. MS Office, SPSS)
- must be able and willing to acquire a command of German to enable interaction with our
We offer you:
- working in a committed, interdisciplinary team with many years of internationally renowned
expertise in neuroscience, neuroanatomy as well as clinical care of patients
- a varied and responsible field of work with a high degree of independence
- opportunity for further scientific qualification
- training in advanced imaging techniques or neuropsychological testing
The position is available on a full/part-time basis for an initial period of 3 years. After a
positive evaluation, tenure is available.
Please apply with your complete documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of
publications, references) by 1.9.2021 via our online portal (https://www.uniklinikfreiburg.
de/karriere/stellenangebote.html) or email to: hannelore.griesbaum@uniklinikfreiburg.
If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail at: cornelius.weiller@uniklinikfreiburg.